“For if the [eager] readiness to give is there, then it is acceptable and welcomed in proportion to what a person has, not according to what he does not have.” (2 Corinthians 8:12, AMP)
This past Sunday at church it was my turn to give a short giving teaching before the offering was taken. I could have gone in many directions with the scripture above. I am not sure if the following thoughts came from past experiences this week or the Christmas Season. I am sure it was a little of both!
Steve has shared about restoration and receiving from the Lord what the enemy has stolen. I agree strongly that in this season we are going to see a great manifestation of what God has spoken in His Word. It is Time. We are moving from the noun sense of things in our lives that seem to lay dormant to the verb, or action part in the days ahead. Now is the time to move forward. So, what are some positive action things that we can do to allow this to happen?
First we must have an eager readiness to give. Are you eager to give and are you ready? If the answer is yes, then you are in a position to move forward and to begin to see restoration come. I have heard others say, “I have nothing to give.” That is not true. What is in your hand?
Stop and ponder this for a moment. “What do I have?” Remember, your eager readiness to give is what is acceptable and welcomed and that is in proportion to what you have and not what you don’t have, according to the above scripture.
The greatest gift that you have is yourself. Maybe you don’t have a lot of money to buy Christmas gifts but here are a few things that you can give:
1. Give your time. Take your children outside for a walk or slide in the snow. Trust me, that is a gift that will be remembered for years to come.
2. Give the gift of restoration. What can you do or say that will restore a relationship?
3. Give the gift of forgiveness. Do it for yourself and watch healing come.
4. Give the gift of Love, especially where it is difficult to do so. It’s the greatest power on earth to heal another.
5. Give the gift of mercy, grace, and kindness although you have been wronged. Your Father will be blessed and it opens prison doors.
You have all of these things to give because the creator of the universe lives inside of you. You have the ability to change not only your life but the lives of others. Make your own list and watch your Heavenly Father restore all things! What is in your hand?